Saturday, December 8, 2007

REGRETFUL BUYER

Hi,

I have been driving for the last 18 years and during the period have owned various cars like Fiat, Ambassador, Maruti & Hyundai. Naturally have gone thru a good no. of batteries in this period. However, I never regretted buying any battery in my life as I regret my decision to buy a Tata Green.

Within the First five months the battery developed a hole at the bottom from which the leaking acid caused considerable damage to the wiring and the timely detection saved me from a mishap.

However, taking pride in the fact that this time my battery was of one of the top Indian companies rather than a foreign company who had actually proven quite good with well organized after sales network (this I sadly realized in afterthought) and that I would have better attention from Tata which had made TALL T A L L claims of warranty and aftersales when I bought it.

The claims proved to be hollow as the company guy took 1 week to review the case during which I was without a battery and left to fend for myself.

After 1 week I was told that the company was not responsible as the problem was due to faulty installation. Little do they realize that a battery is not like a pack of cigarettes that one buys and walks off. It is installed then and there by the company or their authorized dealers / Personnel. If your dealers are not trained to install a battery IS IT MY FAULT ? When I walked into that dealer I walked in seeing a TATA board and expecting the Tata name as assurance of quality as in all their other products.

After this I PAID to get my under warranty battery repaired not wanting to spend on a new battery in such a short duration. You understand that after 18 years of driving one sets timings on certain things like 1 lakh kms after engine overhaul, 40 – 50 thousand kms for tires and 2.5 – 3 years for battery life.

After spending the money I was told this was repaired at the company workshop it started troubling me like being down and unable to give me a start in the morning even when the indicator on the battery showed it was fine (funny isn't it). Later I realesed that the indicator given on top of the TATA green battery is actually just a sham as all it ever shows is "Fine". I have finally been advised to go in for a new battery.

If a company like the Tata’s is launching a product of this level it is a cause of concern and a shame for TATA.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I returned my Garmin GPS after 11 months 15 days for a full refund (including shipping costs) no questions asked at Costco and ordered the newer model Garmin nuvi 680 .
This just makes me think the difference in level of service we receive in India.

Anonymous said...

i agree that TATA GREEN needs a lot of catching up to do if the service has to live up to the brand name of TATA. Just imagine getting stranded after a whopping dance and dinner night of Saturday, on the cold foggy roads of Delhi, with these kind of batteries.
TATA GREEN -- raise your performance levels please

Unknown said...

leaving a hole beneath the battery doesn't come under warranty so blaming that all to company not the proper way for warranty that comes under faulty measures of mantling battery which says warranty void.

Naveen - +91-7827490192 said...

Online ups system - Find here online ups system manufacturers, suppliers in delhi, India. We provide online ups system manufacturers in delhi, India. VIEW MORE :-Online UPS System in India

Shiva said...

Servo Stabilizers- Find here details of servo stabilizers in delhi India. We manufacturers and suppliers of servo stabilizers in Delhi India. VIEW MORE :- Servo Stabilizers in india

Anonymous said...

"When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. The loan firm from Mr Lee sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 5 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of the loan from mr lee and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."Here is mr lee contact Email: 247officedept@gmail.com Also on whatsApp: +1-989-394-3740So I will advise anyone here looking for a loan to contact Mr Lee for assistance with loan fundings.